Career Opportunity: Project Automation – Applications Engineer
Position: Project Automation – Applications Engineer – Full time
Compensation: Base salary + performance bonus
Who we are:
A preferred Dassault Systemes AEC value solution partner serving North America, we are a fast growing, early stage growth company headquartered in Vancouver, BC. Targeted at large scale construction projects, we provide world-class virtual construction products and services. We combine powerful aerospace engineering technology (CATIA) and methodologies with elite technical talent to provide actionable solutions to construction’s largest challenges, optimizing the project delivery process. This distinctive approach, combined with an emphasis on lean construction, enables our client’s to harness breakthrough innovations in virtual construction best practices fit for purpose based on the needs of each project.
As a partner of Dassault Systemes, we also allow for our client’s access to the 3DEXPERIENCE cloud based platform, the most powerful collaborative and integrated software solution on the market.
What’s the role?
This is an exciting opportunity to be a lead member of the operations team within a dynamic and challenging growth stage company. You will be solving problems in the construction and fabrication value chain by leading the development of automation tools/scripts for both internal and client use focused around CATIA and the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. The Project Automation – Applications Engineer will be instrumental in making this happen.
Why work with us?
Here are a few reasons why we think working here is a good idea:
- Career growth – Start making an impact right away within a growth stage company with strong upside potential. Your skills will directly impact the trajectory of this company, allowing you to grow your career in a fast paced, exciting work environment.
- Creativity and innovation in entrepreneurial environment – Challenge the status quo! We want you to bring your ideas for automation and optimization of everything. We hold innovation / exploration days every second Friday for all employees to work on any project of their choice.
- Ownership of projects – We want great people that want to take ownership over projects, make decisions and deliver great work to our clients.
- Fun environment – Work hard and play hard. We are in business to build a great company and have fun. The city of Vancouver is a great city to live and work, from world-class mountain biking and skiing in the mountains to hitting the beach in the summer, there are many things keep you busy. Foosball skills are welcome as well.
As part of the operations team, the Project Automation – Applications Engineer will be primarily responsible for:
- Be the lead resource for developing User Defined Features, Product Templates, working with Rules, KWE language, VBA/EKL scripting, C# and other automation tool building as required for both internal use and those of our clients.
- Manage the development of automation tools and programs to solve problems in construction and fabrication workflows.
- Compile data for constructability reports identifying project risks and opportunities for the application of lean construction methodologies (sequencing, prefabrication, etc.).
- Generation and coordination of prefabrication shop drawings via custom automated processes.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities (i.e. applying manufacturing engineering methodologies to large-scale construction projects).
- Recommend internal continuous process improvement projects to help establish best in class systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Expert at creating User Defined Features, Product Templates, working with Rules and KWE language, C#.
- CATIA experts only – Minimum 3 years of hands on modeling experience in CATIA (V5 or V6).
- Bachelor in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering, computer engineering preferred. Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering/Aeronautical/Architecture at minimum.
- Significant experience in VBA/EKL Scripting or coding in C# Language.
- Expertise working with Large Assembly, Publications, Powercopies and GSD highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the System Routing/DMU and DELMIA Modules highly desirable.
- Experience in the construction industry and ability to read construction documents highly desirable.
- Basic Knowledge of AutoCAD a plus, knowledge of Revit/Tekla a plus.
- Knowledge of Enovia highly desirable.
- Strong Microsoft EXCEL skills desirable.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent team player with ability to manage projects and lead people.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com as part of your application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.