Career Opportunity: Project Modeling Designer – Full Time
Position: Project Modeling Designer – Full time and permanent.
Compensation: Base salary + performance bonus
Who we are:
We are an integrated construction and manufacturing technology company focused on leveraging technology to solve problems and optimize processes along the construction and manufacturing value chains.
As a partner of Dassault Systemes, we also deploy and customize the 3DEXPERIENCE cloud based platform, the most powerful collaborative and integrated software solution on the market.
What’s the role?
This is an exciting opportunity to be a critical member of the operations team within a dynamic and challenging growth stage company. The overall objective of the operations team is to manage and execute all daily tasks that are required to deliver the detailed scope of work within the projects focused on automation and prefabrication. As Project Modeling Designer you will be a lead resource the execution of complex virtual construction projects. You will also be critical in teaching our client’s how to navigate CATIA and the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to help address the needs of Architecture, Engineering and Construction projects.
Why work with us?
Here are a few reasons why we think working here is a good idea:
- Career growth – Start making an impact right away within a growth stage company with strong upside potential. Your skills will directly impact the trajectory of this company, allowing you to grow your career in a fast paced, exciting work environment.
- Creativity and innovation in entrepreneurial environment – Challenge the status quo! We want you to bring your ideas for automation and optimization of everything. We hold innovation / exploration days every second Friday for all employees to work on any project of their choice.
- Ownership of projects – We want great people that want to take ownership over projects, make decisions and deliver great work to our clients.
- Fun environment – Work hard and play hard. We are in business to build a great company and have fun. The West Coast is a great place to live and work, from world-class mountain biking and skiing in the mountains to hitting the beach in the summer, there are many things keep you busy. Foosball skills are welcome as well.
As part of the operations team, the Project Modeling Designer will be primarily responsible for:
- Leading projects, executing virtual construction conflict studies, interfacing with clients and other project stakeholders.
- Create Mechanical prefabrication spool drawing packages linked directly to the 3D model.
- Support engineering project calculations and deliverables as required.
- Manage the virtual construction and review of 2D drawings for all building elements (i.e. architectural, civil, structural, mechanical & electrical) or any other 3D data file into one central 3D parametric model using CATIA.
- Lead site meetings, deliver live reports to clients and construction personnel and manage large projects.
- Manage revisions in the model that take place throughout the design and construction phases.
- Lead coordination meetings on behalf of the client driving the CATIA model.
- Create concrete detailing packages linked to the 3D model.
- Identify, track and communicate requests for information (RFI’s) to the design team/owner.
- Compile data for constructability reports identifying project risks and opportunities for the application of lean construction methodologies (sequencing, prefabrication, etc.).
- Generation and coordination of prefabrication models and shop drawings.
- CATIA V6 / 3DEXPERIENCE training and client support.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities (i.e. applying manufacturing engineering methodologies to large-scale construction projects).
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- CATIA experts only – Minimum 3-4 years of hands on modeling experience in CATIA (V5 or V6).
- Bachelor in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred. Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering/Aeronautical/Civil/Architecture at minimum.
- Coding experience in VBA or EKL highly desirable.
- Experience in the construction industry and ability to read construction documents highly desirable.
- Experience creating concrete detailing packages highly desirable.
- Experience creating mechanical system spool drawings highly desirable.
- Experience in mechanical design engineering of buildings highly desirable.
- Expertise working with Large Assembly, Publications, Powercopies, UDF and GSD required.
- Knowledge of the System Routing/DMU and DELMIA Modules highly desirable.
- Basic Knowledge of AutoCAD required, knowledge of Revit and Tekla a plus.
- Knowledge of Enovia a plus.
- Strong Microsoft EXCEL skills desirable.
- Fluent in English.
- A detailed oriented person with the drive to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast growing company and grow with the company.
- Excellent team player.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as part of your application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.